Tournament Website: Winnipeg Jets Challenge Cup
The vision of the Winnipeg Jets Challenge Cup Tournament is to bring developing grassroots hockey players of various ages together in Winnipeg, MB. – one of the most passionate hockey cities in North America. Held annually in December and January, the tournament welcomes teams aged 5/6 up to 14.
Our goal is to bring together youth hockey teams from across North America to participate in a minor hockey tournament that promotes fair play, safety and hockey excellence in a world-class facility. Highlights include prime ice times, player welcome packages, raffle prizes, championship awards, balanced scheduling, and visits from Mick E. Moose!
2023/24 Winnipeg Jets Challenge Cup – Registration Opens September 27!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
When will my age group be playing games?
- U7 House League: Dec 31 – Jan 5
- U9 House League: Dec 22 – 24
- *U9HL teams will be playing 2 games on Christmas Eve – Done by 3:00pm CST*
- Dec 22 – 1 game for all teams starting @ 4:15pm. All games done by 7:45 PM.
- Dec 23 – 1 game for all teams (schedule will work around game conflicts)
- *Dec 24* – 2 games for all teams (all games done by 3:00 PM)
- U9A: Jan 1 – 5
- U11A1-A: Dec 27 – 30
- U11A1-B: Dec 27 – 30
- U11A2-A: Jan 1 – 5
- U11A2-B: Jan 1 – 5
- U11A3: Jan 1 – 5
- U13A1: Dec 27 – 30
- U13A2-A: Dec 27 – 30
- U13A2-B: Dec 27 – 30
- U13A3: Dec 27 – 30
- U15A1-A: Dec 28 – 31
- U15A1-B: Dec 28 – 31
- U15A2-A: Dec 28 – 31
- U15A2-B: Dec 28 – 31
- U9A1 FEMALE: Jan 1 – 5
- U9A2 FEMALE: Jan 1 – 5
- U11A1 FEMALE: Jan 1 – 5
- U11A2 FEMALE: Jan 1 – 5
- U11A3 FEMALE: Jan 1 – 5
- U13A1 FEMALE: Dec 28 – Jan 2
- U13A2 FEMALE: Dec 28 – Jan 2
How many games are guaranteed for each team?
- U7 and U9 House League will play four games each. All other divisions will play a minimum of four games.
When does registration close?
- Registration for the tournament will close Monday November 20th, 2023.
When is the full payment required by?
- Full payment is required by Monday November 15th, 2023.
We need to withdraw from the tournament, when is our cutoff date for a refund?
- To get your deposit back, you must withdraw by October 31st. Any teams that withdraw after that deadline will NOT receive their deposit back.
Which card will be charged the rest of the payment?
- The credit card used for team deposit will be the credit card used to complete the payment plan on November 15th, 2023.
When will the schedule be released?
- The full schedule will be released to all teams on December 11th, 2023, at 1:00pm CST. Teams will receive their schedules via e-mail.
Will there be Winnipeg Jets group sale opportunities similar to previous years?
- Yes! Group sale opportunities for Winnipeg Jets games during the tournament will be available for teams to purchase. However due to the nature of the tournament schedule, accommodations may not be possible. We recommend purchasing tickets after the Challenge Cup tournament schedule is released.
What are the rules for the tournament?
- The rulebook will be finalized leading up to the tournament. Last year’s rule book can be found here: Rule Book 2022
If you have any further questions regarding the Winnipeg Jets Challenge Cup, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For hotel information please contact: